Thursday, June 4, 2009

Week 17 (June 2 - June 8)

This week I am 17 weeks along into my pregnancy. So far I haven't felt Daylen move. I have, however, felt what some call "butterflies" that apparently is movement. Daylen is growing like a weed according to babycenter.com. His skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone and his umbilical cord is growing stronger and thicker. He should weigh approximately 5 ounces (about the weight of a turnip), and is about 5 inches from head to bottom. He can move his joints, and he is beginning to develop sweat glands which will be used a lot when he begins playing sports at 5.

Darren and I picked up the crib, mattress, and bedding we ordered online at JCPenney's. The nursery is coming along well. We have finished painting the majority of the wall, but need to go back and cut in under the ceiling and above the chair rail and baseboard. Billy Paul, my father-in-law, is supposed to come over and help Darren cut in. Once the walls are finished Darren will begin laying the laminate flooring. I will post more pictures of the nursery as it gets completed.

0 comments: