Sunday, June 14, 2009

Daylen's Room

Daylen's room is finally beginning to come together. This week Darren, Mark Cox, and Billy Paul put down the laminate flooring in the nursery and guest room. It took them about 2 hours to lay the floor in the nursery. So far all we have to do is put in new base boards, work on the closet and wait on the reclining chair. We had trouble getting the 2 large items to fit in the 11 x 11 nursery, but found an arrangement that we think will work once the chair gets here. I am not going to hang anything on the walls until we get the chair and decide on a final room arrangement. So far I am very pleased with how the nursery turned out. I was so excited after they finished the floor and put together the crib that I started putting all his things in the room. I was impressed with Darren. It only took him about 20 minutes to put the convertible crib together with no problems. All the reviews we read about the crib mentioned how hard it was to put together and how the washers didn't fit, etc. I guess their husbands aren't as smart as mine. =)

The dresser we bought in Allen turned out to be a perfect match for the crib. Although they are from different companies their chocolate finish matches so well. I am glad we decided against getting 3 big items for his room because there was no way any more furniture was going to fit in the room. Right now everything fits perfectly, we even have a little space reserved for all his toys. Darren and I are so excited about Daylen and we are enjoying every bit of preparing for his arrival.

I attached pictures of his room with the wall color and the new laminate flooring. I also attached his crib with a picture of the inside of the crib showing off the gifts he has already received (he is spoiled already). I also included a picture of the changer/dresser combo that we bought in Allen.



0 comments: