Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Daylen's Furniture

Darren and I bought the last of Daylen's furniture today. When we bought the convertible crib from JCPenney's, we were shocked to find out that the manufacturer was discontinuing the design. We were able to find out the manufacturer's name and research which other stores in the DFW area carried their line. The closest we could find was Stacy's Furniture out in Allen that had a baby store called Ooh Baby. So Beth, Darren, and I went to Allen on Sunday. We took a piece of the crib with us to find a close match. We were able to find a really close match with another manufacturer's product and decided to buy it. Since it too was being discontinued, we were able to purchase the floor model at a reasonable discount. While looking around the rest of the store I fell in love with a gliding sofa chair. I was looking at purchasing a gliding rocking chair, but once I saw this one I changed my mind. Of course at the time, Darren said no. That was until we went back today to pick up the dresser. Being pregnant has its "perks." Darren just can't say no to a pregnant woman. We were going to get the chair that we saw on Sunday, but found out that the ottoman would be extra. Then the sales rep. mentioned that most people buy the gliding recliner if they don't buy the ottoman. So she showed us the gliding rocker. I fell in love with this chair more than the other one. It cost $100 more, but it did two things when the other just did the one. So we ordered the chair and chose the color and texture of the other chair. So the chair will be available in 8-10 weeks, which is no rush since Daylen won't be here until November. So Daylen's room is officially finished!! I attached a picture of the recliner and a picture of the other chair to show the color and texture we ordered. The chair is comfy enough to sleep in on those late nights putting him to sleep.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is one lucky little baby!! :) You are going to be a FABULOUS mom! :)

Beth Hart said...

Looks like a good place for Auntie Beth to sit and relax. =)

The Lemons said...

Aww...thanks Elizabeth. I am praying that I will be a "fabulous mom." I just hope my motherly instincts kick in when he gets here because I don't know anything about babies. =)

Shannon Anderson said...

Those are too cute Becky! Love them!