Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Week 29 (August 25 - August 31)

Daylen is really growing this week. He should be about 2 1/2 pounds and around 15 inches long. His muscles and lungs are maturing and his head is getting bigger. Every day about 200 milligrams of calcium is deposited into his skeleton, which is hardening. He has been very active especially at night when I lay down on my sides. Today I was sitting in my chair after school and from the corner of my eye I could see my stomach bouncing up. My swelling has been getting worse each day, which may be caused from sitting and standing all day at work. A teacher can't teach sitting behind a desk, so I have trouble staying seated. Darren told me today that my doctor, Dr. Light, called him and told him there were abnormalities in my glucose test results. I am going to have to schedule an appointment for the 3 hour diabetes test, which will cause me to have to take off a whole day. I'm not happy about having to already use my days before Daylen is here, but like Darren said, I don't have a choice. She said that 1 in 3 pregnant women have gestational diabetes and then return back to normal after the baby is born. She's not too worried about it, so I'm not too worried about it. I can't believe we have 11 weeks until Daylen is here. Darren and some teachers at school think Daylen will be here sooner. If not, they think I will be on bed rest before he is born. I hope bed rest isn't in my future, but if so I am prepared. I signed up for disability BEFORE I got pregnant, so when I am off work too long I will start drawing disability.

0 comments: