Friday, July 24, 2009

Week 24 (July 21 - 17)

I celebrated my 30th birthday this week!! Therefore, Daylen got to enjoy lots of birthday cake and ice cream. It isn't surprising that he has been moving more this week. =) He seems to be on a schedule lately, every morning and late at night he starts kicking hard enough that he vibrates my stomach. Of course, Darren still claims he can't see it. Daylen's growth this week has finally taken a toll on me. Since I am now 6 months into my pregnancy, I have gotten so big that sleeping on my stomach is no longer an option for me. Boy, do I miss sleeping on my stomach. It's the little things I took for granted before Daylen that I am starting to miss now. I am having to get up every other hour to use the bathroom which usually occurs after I FINALLY fall asleep. I either sleep on my left or right side. I have found that sleeping on my right side is more comfortable since my arm is less likely to fall asleep. My sister, Juanice, mentioned that I may have pregnancy insomnia since I toss and turn all night long. Between adjusting 4 pillows, getting up to use the bathroom and flipping over all night, Darren and the puppies still sleep undisturbed, surprisingly. Darren apparently is storing up lots of sleep before Daylen gets here so he can take care of him during the night. Yeah, one can only hope.

I go back to the doctor on July 26th for my 6 month check up!! Where has the time gone? My blood pressure has been doing well. Dr. Light asked that I document my blood pressure to bring a report back to her. If my blood pressure is doing well she is going to let me off the hook for awhile. I really think the week vacation in Cancun helped my blood pressure. She said that it was the best it had been in a couple of weeks. The only problem I have had so far is swelling feet. If I am on my feet all day or sitting down for long periods of time my feet swell so much that my ankles hurt. With this being my only complaint I can be thankful. Daylen has been such a good baby and he isn't even here yet. I haven't had morning sickness or nausia during my pregnancy. No weird, crazy cravings and other medical problems. So the Lord has truly blessed me with an easy pregnancy.

0 comments: