Friday, July 10, 2009

Week 22 (July 7 - 14)

This week Darren and I went to Cancun with his parents for a much needed vacation. I am glad that my doctor released me to go out of the country. Last week my blood pressure was so high that I had to document every day what my blood pressure was on both arms. Her concern regarding my blood pressure was that I kept hearing loud, heart beats in my ear. When I was at the doctor my blood pressure was 140/90, so I had to aim for lower than 130/80. After a week of checking my blood pressure at home, I went back to the doctor Thursday, July 3rd, and she released me. She said my blood tests revealed that I am a little anemic, but she will take care of it at my next appointment when I do the diabetes testing. The doctor ordered that I do nothing, but relax and use a noodle when in the pool. I did just that. =)

While I was in Cancun, I was able to relax and really enjoy being pregnant. Mexico apparently LOVES pregnant women. The staff looked after me and Daylen. The pool staff kept bringing me refills of 7 Up and non-alcoholic strawberry daquiri's, which became my favorite drink. =) One of the pool staff even came up to me and fanned me with her tray to make sure that Daylen and I were getting enough air. Other than my ankles swelling up from the heat, I had no other problems. Daylen has been the perfect baby, he has made my pregnancy an easy one. One night Darren and I went to sit on the beach to watch the sea turtles come up to lay their eggs. It was so calming that I FINALLY got to feel Daylen kick!! Darren and I sat there with our hands on my tummy feeling him kick. Since then I have continued to feel him kick. I go back to the doctor today to make sure I didn't contact any diseases while in Mexico. =) My next appointment will be my 6th month check up on July 27th. I can't believe it has already been 5 1/2 months. Daylen will be here in no time. My due date is exactly 4 months from today.

1 comments:

Shannon Anderson said...

YEAH!!! I'm sooo excited for you and Darren! I can't wait to fill the little guy kick. I'm glad your doing well and you need to post another pic up!