Friday, May 29, 2009

Week 16 (May 27 - June 3)

Darren and I went to the doctor on the 27th and found out that we are going to have a boy!! The start of the visit to the doctor didn't run as smoothly as we had hoped. At first they didn't even have us down for a sonogram so we went back and forth to the doctor's office and the sonogram office. Then about 2 hours later we were put on the schedule for a sonogram. It took the technician about 15 minutes to determine the sex because our little boy would not cooperate. We could see him kicking his legs rapidly back and forth, but not out to the side. The technican asked me to roll over on my side to shift his position....still nothing. So she told me to get up and "jump around, " wiggle or whatever I needed to do to get him to adjust. Finally when I got back on the table he had opened his legs far enough that she was quickly able to determine that he was a boy. She said that she was 99% sure he was a boy. Dianne, my mother-in-law, was "jumping for joy." It was amazing to see one of God's creations moving on the screen. After seeing that, I wonder how people cannot believe there is a God. The miracle of a growing baby developing all of its organs and being able to survive in fluid for 9 months is amazing!! We were able to bring a DVD to record the sonogram which we enjoyed. I could watch our son move all day long if I had the time.

0 comments: