Saturday, May 30, 2009

Shopping Frenzy

The day after Darren and I found out that we were having a boy we couldn't wait to start shopping. We went by Babies-R-Us to browse their bedding for boys. After looking at the selection we decided we like the "Playoffs" sports theme online at JCPenney's better so we knew we needed to go home and order it. I knew that we would need a playard and now that we knew the gender I had ideas of what to buy. After looking through all their playards and strollers I didn't see anything I liked. We were just about to leave the store when we walked past the Graco Bombay display. The very first thing I saw and fell in love with was the brown and red playard. It has a musical feature that plays 3 different songs, a nature sound button, a timer, lights, and even a vibrating option on the mattress. It was exactly what I wanted. Then we noticed next to it was a matching car seat and a dual stroller. I was determined to find just a single stroller. We went to the stroller aisle and found the single stroller. Then Darren and I were wondering if the car seat would fit on the stroller. I went and got the car seat on display and Darren took down the stroller. Of course with this being our first baby, we had no idea what we were doing. So I asked an associate for assistance. She showed us how to lower the stroller and put the car seat on. I was so excited!! Darren said we needed to look around and make sure it was the one we wanted. Then I noticed a Sale tag in front of the stroller. It said that when you buy the car seat the stroller will be 50% off!!! Of course the sale ended the next day. I took it as a sign from God that I needed to get the collection. So without hesitation, Darren and the associate began pulling the items off the shelf to take to the register. We took it home and the next day Darren assembled all of it. Although the baby won't be here until another 6 months we just couldn't help ourselves. We had to make sure it had all the parts and worked. =) So now we are walking around our beautiful playard, stroller and car seat in the living room until the nursery is finished.

0 comments: